Updates and Announcements
- In a significant stride towards boosting women empowerment and national development, Adamus Resources Limited, in collaboration with the College of Beauty, Arts and Entrepreneurship (CBAE), celebrated the graduation of 87 women from the mine's catchment area. The program, aimed at equipping women with employable skills in trades such as makeup artistry, hairdressing, bead making, and detergent manufacturing, culminated in a grand ceremony graced by distinguished speakers.
- Ms. Angela List, CEO of Nguvu Mining, addressed and inspired the next generation at the grand durbar of Ahantaman Girls Senior High School's 75th Anniversary.
- Adamus Resources Limited (a subsidiary of Nguvu Mining) was adjudged the best Mining Company and the proud recipient of the Paa Grant Medal during a plush ceremony at the Best Western Hotel during the weekend. The award was received by the Chief Executive Officer of Nguvu Mining, Ms. Angela List on behalf of Adamus.
- Adamus Resources was honored to welcome esteemed dignitaries at our stand during the 2023 Ghana Mining Expo. Our CEO, Mrs. Angela List, exchanged pleasantries with Hon. Samuel A. Jinapor, Minister of Lands and Natural Resources, Mr. Ben Aryee, Advisor in Mining for the Ministry, and Her Excellency Grace Jeanet Mason, the South African High Commissioner to Ghana. This three-day event has brought together stakeholders from across the sector and from different parts of the world to explore sustainable ways to approach mineral resource development.
- Recently, Nguvu's leadership met in Ghana to visit one of its mine sites – Adamus Resources Limited, followed by a three-day strategic session. During the mine site visit, our leaders discussed best practices and met with the local staff and community members.
- The project will provide women in the nine communities within the mine’s catchment area with the opportunity to learn skills that are in high demand in the job market.
- Our CEO Angela List, and the Adamus Board recently visited our Adamus mine site in the Nzema area of the Western Region of Ghana and had the opportunity to meet with our hardworking and dedicated staff.
Adamus Resources Wins Best Community Outreach Project Award
The prestigious award was given to Adamus Resources at the Ghana Mining Week 2022 to appreciate the company’s immense efforts in supporting mining communities through capacity-building training and health-related programs.
Mrs Angela List (CEO of Nguvu Mining Limited), Mr Patrick von Kpekpena (General Manager of Adamus), Mr Joseph Forbah (Processing Manager), Mr Kwodwo Darko Baah (SRD Manager), Mr Laurel Smith (Mining Engineer) and Mrs Yvonne Yesunu (Process Metallurgist) were on stage to receive the award on behalf of the company.
Adamus Team Wins National First Aid & Safety Competition
The noteworthy annual event organised jointly by the Chamber of Mines, Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission, and St John Ambulance focuses on first aid and safety in the mining industry. It is also an opportunity for the safety teams of various mining companies to exhibit their competence in handling safety and first aid issues.
All the winning teams joined the host team in grand style at the finals for a dog-eat-dog competition, which saw the team from Adamus coming out on top as the official winners of the 2021 Inter Mines First Aid and Safety Competition.
At Nguvu Mining, high safety standards form an intrinsic part of our work culture.
Consequently, we have won several safety awards over the years including but not limited to
- Best Community Team Based on Safety & First Aid
- Best Improved Mine Based on Occupational Injury Performance
- Best Mine Team Based on Safety & First Aid
Nguvu Mining Operating Sites
Adamus Resources Ltd.
Located approximately 300 km west-southwest by road from the Capital City Accra, 80 km west by road from the port of Takoradi.
The Segala Mining Company (Semico) operates the Tabakoto Mine, located about 445km west of the capital city Bamako in the Republic of Mali.
The Samira Hill Gold Mine is located in Tillabery, Niger. It is an open pit mine operation with a processing plant capacity of 6,000t/d.
Northern Ashanti Mines
Northern Ashanti Mines is located around Konongo, a city 150 km North from the capital of Ghana, Accra.
35 Nortei Ababio Street. Airport Residential Area
P.O. Box KAPMB 93, Airport, Accra, Ghana
GPS – GA- 118 – 5393
Tel: +233 53 100 6616
Ghana - Adamus
Adamus Resources Limited Site Office Nkroful
P.O. Box ES 31, Essiama, Western, Ghana
Tel: +233 55 853 6113
Ghana - Northern Ashanti Mines
Northern Ashanti Mines Co Ltd.
P.O. Box 26, Konongo, Asante-Akyem, Ashanti, Ghana
Mali - Segala
Segala Mining Corporation
S.A Hamdallaye ACI 2000 Pres de l'Ex Collège Horizon , Immeuble Conseil Malien des Chargeurs, 2eme Etage, BPE 2800, Bamako, République du Mali.
Tel: +223 20240150
Niger - SML
Société des Mines du Liptako (SML)
S.A. Mali Béro Boulevard, 169 IB 73 Street
P. O. Box 12470, Niamey, Niger
Tél : + 227 20753032
CEL : + 227 96 59 05 07 / + 227 94 59 05 07