About Nguvu Mining
Nguvu Mining was started by Angela List, a Ghanaian having over 20 years of experience in the mining industry, mainly in mining services
The first acquisition of an operating mine was Adamus Resources Limited in Ghana, from Endeavour mining in the last quarter of 2016.
In 2018, Nguvu acquired Segala Mining SA in Mali, also from Endeavour mining.
In 2019, the group acquired 80% of Samira Hill SA, a mine in Niger, formerly owned by Semafo Inc, from the government of Niger.
This was followed by the acquisition of Northern Ashanti Mines Co. Ltd., formerly Owere mines, in Ghana.
The group also has an advanced mine in Burkina Faso, acquired from Newmont, and expects that to go into production by the end of 2023.
Other assets in the group include exploration licenses in Cote d’Ivoire and Liberia.
Nguvu currently recovers, produces and sells around 250,000 Oz of gold on an annual basis. This production is expected to grow further from current operations and new developments.
Nguvu currently employs around 3,000 people. 90% of its workforce is locally employed and so is 60% of its management.
Vision, Mission & Values
- By 2025 Nguvu will be an independent mid-size African gold producer, producing 500kOz/a with a 10% annual growth, through optimization, exploration and acquisition.
- We subscribe to the responsible mining agenda
- We pursue Safety, Health and Environmental management leadership
- We rejuvenate, expand and operate medium size mining assets in Africa.
- We continue to undertake brownfield and greenfield exploration.
- We prioritize the use and input of local and regional resources
- We work in harmony with our stakeholders and demonstrate outstanding corporate citizenship.
- Duty of care
- Commitment & accountability
- Respect and fairness