Samira HiII Gold Mine is located approximately 140km west-southwest by road from the capital city of Niamey in the Tillabery region. It is currently the only commercial gold mine in Niger.
Nguvu acquired the mine in 2019, and it has a shareholding of 80% while SOPAMIN holds the remaining 20%.
The mine employs open pit mining methods and uses a plant and a water dam with a capacity of 6’000t/d and 4’000’000m³, respectively.
Samira Hill has ten exploration permits for an area of 1’456 Km² and two exploitation licences for an area of 21,7 Km².
The mine operation is currently oxide only. A large potential for transition and sulphide ore exists below the current pits.
It has a current workforce of 454.